Wednesday 3 June 2015

Ask Anonymous 13

To see previous editions of this column, click here. Click here to submit your own questions to be answered in an upcoming edition of Ask Anonymous.
Q: I need some advice. When my mom was in high school, there was this guy who had a massive crush on her, but she went "Nah bruh" and dated my dad instead. Anyway, my parents died when I was a baby, (I survived) and I'm pretty sure he had something to do with it. Anyway, he's a chemistry teacher here now, and it's kinda awkward. Plus, the fact that I'm fairly well known for surviving the car crash has got me this new nickname "The Boy Who Lived" so it's kinda hard to make friends. Got any advice?


A: Stay away from any dudes named Voldemort.



Q: TIPS TO GET COOL FACE????

A: Step one: google Jabba the Hut. Step two: steal his look.



Q: Not really a question, but in regards to a previously posted "question" which was soooo rude, I disagree entirely I think that the newspaper is so awesome. I check it every day because I think that what you guys do is an amazing way of keeping up school spirit, and learning about all the cool things that our school does. Keep it up!! :)

A: Wow, thank you for your kind words, they are much appreciated!



Q: Why can't our school have a variety show/talent show??? I'd volunteer to help organize.

A: We have acoustic circus, but if you mean something that’s less music-oriented I’d recommend that you talk to student council about that. I’m sure they’d be open to ideas.



Q: The fact that it's already June what

A: Time flies when you’re having fun!!!!



Q: The school should have a #NoMakeUp day to remind every girl that they are beautiful in their own way.

A: While it’s definitely important for girls – and boys – to feel good about themselves, forcing girls not to wear makeup probably isn’t the best way to go about that. Unfortunately, that day would probably end up turning into a “look what so-and-so looks like without makeup” gossip fest instead of an empowering day. Also, some girls genuinely enjoy putting on makeup, not to make themselves feel better about their appearance, but because it’s something creative that they love. So, yeah, everyone is beautiful in their own way, but I don’t think a no make-up day would go over very well.



Q: what it's like being a high school graduate?

A: I mean, I’m writing for a high school newspaper, so I couldn’t tell you. Sorry.



Q: fashion tips for athletic banquet?

A: Ultimately you’ve got to go with something that’s your style and something that you feel comfortable in, so it’s hard for me to really recommend anything specifically, but you could follow the same guidelines as semi-formal. A lot of girls seemed to be wearing skater dresses while the guys wore dress pants and shirts with the occasional tie or bowtie. But hey, if you want to step out of the box, go for it – as long as it’s something that could be considered semi-formal.

No comments:

Post a Comment